Friday, June 08, 2007

Journals as inspiration








Journals by Victoria Smith of SFGirlByBay; Marieke Berghuis of Treats + Treasures; Russian Illustrator Irina Troitskaya - all images from decor8.

I just love love love this post from decor8. I've always wished I could keep a journal - visual or otherwise. I've tried sporadically over the years, but never somehow been able to stick with it. All visual inspiration I like to keep lucid so I can change them around and find new, exciting combinations (kinda like a kaleidoscope). Strange as it might sound writing your life down to me seems to kind of change your outlook too much (or become just purely dramatisation), I can't really help but to think of it as a character - emboldening some things and softening others, writing what could've happened and not what didn't - and then it's a book really...

No comments: